|Date:||30 July – 03 August, 2016|
|Application Deadline:||15 January, 2016|
We have the pleasure to INVITE you to participate in our International Folklore Festival “KRUSHEVO FEST” which will be held from 30 July till 03 August, 2016 in Krushevo – Macedonia.
ORGANIZER OF THE FESTIVAL:
The organizer of this festival is Cultural Art Society “Elshani”.
PURPOSE OF THE FESTIVAL:
The main goal of this festival is to offer its participants the possibility for them to present the culture and the tradition of their country and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to meat different nationalities, establish friendships and express their cultural diversity through dance and music.
Krushevo is a mountainous town. Situated at an altitude of 1,350 metres (4,430 ft), Krushevo is the highest town in Macedonia. It is one of the highest towns in the world, the highest town on the Balkans.
This small town is the birth place of the biggest Macedonian pop star, the famous singer Toshe Proeski, who tragically lost his life in a traffic accident. There is a Memorial House dedicated to him and his achievements. Near the town, there is a big cross and also an orthodox church built at his initiative. Many of his fans regularly visit his grave in the town cemetery.
Krushevo has a great historical value for the Macedonian people and state. It is the place where the first Republic on the Balkans was declared. After the famous Ilinden Uprising in 1903, Krushevo Republic was declared and though it lasted for a very short period of ten days, it remains an eternal symbol of freedom and independence for the Macedonian people.
Krushevo is known for its 19th-century domestic architecture. The town has old and more recent houses built in the style of old Macedonian architecture.
It is home to Mechkin Kamen, a historical landmark which marks the spot of the uprising of 1903. On 2 August every year, it is the site of the traditional Macedonian Independence Day celebrations, attended by the President of Macedonia and other Macedonian political leaders.
Krushevo is also home to Makedonium monument, dedicated to the Ilinden Uprising and the Krushevo Republic and many museums of the Ilinden Uprising.
The town’s galleries include an exhibit of 19th century icons and a memorial to Macedonian painting Nikola Martinovski who was born in this town.
Because of its elevation, Krushevo is one of Macedonia’s winter sports destinations, offering attractive winter resorts.
THE CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE FESTIVAL ARE:
– The number of the participants is not limited.
– The age of the participants is not limited
– Groups should prepare one performance with the duration of 15-20 minutes, or 2 performances, 10-12 minutes each, on playback or with instruments
– To bring a flag of the country, and also to send some pictures of the group along with the application.
– Groups should arrive and also departure with their own transport which they will use until the festival ends.
FESTIVAL ORGANIZERS PROVIDE:
– At every 25th participant there is 1 gratis, at every 50- th, there are 2 gratis
– Free parking during the festival time.
– Appropriate gifts for the participants
– Diplomas for participation in the Festival
– Guide from arrival to departure
– Tourist guide with a license
– Advertising of the festival (press conference, radio, TV channels, posters and flyers)
– After the festival finishes, organizers will send you a DVD and photos of the festival program for each group.
– We have our own internet television on this web-site www.iffom.com.
83 Euro/ per person for 4 half-boards ( with 2 meals)
11.00 – 14.00 Arriving in Krushevo, hotel accommodation,
14.00 – 16.00 Visiting the Old town of Krushevo
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in the hotel,
21.00 – Free night
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast in the hotel
10.00 – 13.00 Visiting Bitola
18:00 – Parade on the streets
19:00 – Official performance of the participants
21.00 – 22.00 Dinner in the hotel
08.00 -09.00 Breakfast in the hotel
10.00 – Visiting the “Sv. Preobrazenie” Monastery
18.00 – 19.00 Parade through the city
19.00 – 21.00 Festival evening (performance of the participants, certificate for the participants by the organizers, and at the very end of the festival participants can exchange gifts and contacts with each other)
21.30 – 23.00 Dinner in the hotel
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast
10.00. – 16.00 Visiting the Memorial house of Toshe Proeski
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in the hotel
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – Departure from Krushevo
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – Free activities
20.00 – 21.00 Dinner in the hotel
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast
14.00 Departure from Krushevo
*The organizer reserves the right to make changes in the program of the festival