I N T E R N A T I O N A L F E S T I V A L
of FOLKLORE, CHOIRS & ORCHESTRAS
B U C H A R E S T – R O M A N I A
June 9–13, 2016
Festival is organized by Mediteranian Organization in cooperation with local municipalities, chambers of commerce and local folklore ensemble. The festival will be covered in media by the local and international press and television. Mayors or the deputy mayors, from the cities of festival contestants, will be honored guests of the festival at the expense of the organizer. Bucharest, the capital of Romania, is situated in the south of the country, on both sides of the river Dambovita, at an altitude of 70-90m. Bucharest is approximately 225 km away from the Black Sea, about 65 km away from the Danube and over 100 km far from the Carpathians (125 km far away from Sinaia). With the population of over 2.1 million inhabitants, daily commuting population is added, so the population of Bucharest reaches 2.3 million inhabitants, thus being the largest metropolis in Southeastern Europe. Hundreds of historical, artistic and architectural monuments, dozens of museums, art galleries, numerous parks and gardens have turned Bucharest, the city situated on Dambovita River, into the most important tourist centers in Romania.
1 st day – June 9
Arrival at Bucharest. Accommodation at the hotel. Free time for individual activities. Dinner. Overnight.
2 nd day – June 10
Breakfast. Info presentation at the hotel. Optional visit to Bucharest (the Royal Palace, The Romanian Athenaeum, Kretzulescu Church, Bucharest History Museum, Arch of Triumph, etc. ). Lunch pack. Opening ceremony. Participant groups performances. Dinner. Optional night out to the most famous discotheques in Bucharest. Overnight.
3 rd day – June 11
Breakfast. Optional city tour to the Headquarters of the Romanian Government (Palatul Victoria), The Romanian Athenaeum, Parliament’s, Romanian Patriarchy, Museum of the City of Bucharest and the National Theatre, etc. Lunch pack. Participant groups performances. Closing ceremony. Dinner. Optional night out to a Romanian Tavern with the live music. Overnight.
4 th day – June 12
Breakfast. Optional trip to Peles and Bran (Dracula’s) castles or boat trip to island Snagov. Lunch pack. Free time for individual activities. Dinner. Overnight.
5 th day – June 13
Breakfast. Hotel check out and departure. End of services.
*Trip to Bucharest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyoqQo-9YjU
PRICE PER PERSON
HOTEL **** RIN Hotel Central 145€ extra day 36€
HOTEL *** Razvan Hotel 132€ extra day 33€
HOTEL ** Litovoy Hotel 119€ extra day 30€
HOSTEL Antique Hostel 105€ extra day 26€
* Note – Groups that have participated on other festivals of Mediteranian Organization will get a discount of 10%.
– Accommodation at the selected hotel in double, triple or four bedded rooms in half board (breakfast and dinner, + lunch pack)
– Participation fee for the festival
– Accompany during the festival
– Certificates, plaques, photos and videos
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Optional excursions
– Individual costs and all costs not covered by the program
OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS AND SERVICES
– Tickets for all trips, tours and attractions
– The guide for all tours (price depends on the language)
– Transfer to/from airport
– Boat trip to Snagov island
– Romanian night at the restaurant, dinner and one drink included in the price
– Day Trip to Peles and Bran (Dracula’s) castles
– Visit to the Museums
– Extra charge for a double room is 5€ per person per day
– Extra charge for a single room per person per day:
Hotel **** 22€
Hotel *** 20€
The exact name of the Hotel will be announced five days before the festival, if it is not already mentioned in the program. The organizer reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of performance of excursions and individual items from the program due to objective circumstances.