|Date:||22.04.2016 – 25.04.2016|
|Application Deadline:||30 April 2016|
Ohrid City – a mixture of rich history and modern life……
Ohrid is an immortal town on the mythical Balkans, a magical hill of Macedonia whose primordial pulsation links ancient and modern times forever…
Ohrid has been a living town for 2400 years, notable for having 365 churches, one for each day of the year, and is referred to as the Macedonian Jerusalem. Archaeological finds indicate that Ohrid is one of the oldest human settlements in all of Europe. The lake itself is over three million years old. Ohrid in the past was known as Lychnidos – or, “the city of light.” Only much later, in 879 CE, was it renamed Ohrid. The name probably derives from the phrase “Oh-rid” – meaning roughly, “Oh, what a cliff!” It comes from the time when the town was limited in a small area on the lake side of the hill, which in fact is a huge cliff rising above the lakeshore. The town as we know it today was built mostly between the 7th and 19th centuries. During the Byzantine period, Ohrid became a significant cultural and economic center, serving as an episcopal center of the Orthodox Church and as the site of the first Slavic university run by St. Clement and St. Naum at the end of the 9th century. At the beginning of the 11th century, Ohrid briefly became the capital of the kingdom ruled by Tcar Samuil, whose fortress still presides over the city today.
In 1979 and in 1980, Ohrid and Lake Ohrid were accepted as a Cultural and Natural World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. In fact, Ohrid is one of only 28 sites that are part of UNESCO’s World Heritage that are both Cultural and Natural sites.
Lake Ohrid – The Lake That Leaves You Breathless…….
Lake Ohrid is one of the world’s oldest lakes, formed millions of years ago……. Lake Ohrid rightly deserves the name “Macedonia’s freshwater sea”. Not only for its warm water blue color, which gains its intensity from the sky blue color, but because of its size, this lake gives an impression of being a sea. With its unique flora and fauna the lake is one of the largest biological reserves in Europe. The earliest scientific studies, undertaken in the course of the 19th century, showed that, as one of the oldest lakes in the world, it has preserved primeval life – forms which no longer exist in other places or only exist as fossils. The importance of the lake was further emphasized when it was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1979 and when, in 2010, NASA decided to name one of Titan’s lakes after Lake Ohrid.
More information on www.ohridinfo.mk
Organizers of the festival are: International Folklore Festivals Ohrid Macedonia (IFFOM)-Ohrid, Macedonia.
We have the pleasure to INVITE you to participate in the III International Youth and Children Festival “Hristo Uzunov” in Ohrid, Macedonia which will be held on 22 – 25 April, 2016.
The main goal of this festival is presentation and affirmation of the Macedonian folklore, tradition, costumes and cultural heritage as well as presentation of the foreign folklore and culture in our country. The participants will have the chance to meet new friends from different countries, enjoy the beauties of our amazing city, learn a lot about the folklore and tradition of other countries and celebrate life, friendship and love through music and various dances.
Ohrid City is the perfect place where people from all around the world will gather together to present their folklore and show to the world what makes them special and unique.
If you want to be part of this event, please fill in the application form for participation (below) and be our guests this summer!
1. The number of participants is not limited
2. Age of the participants is not limited (beside youth and children participants, older or veterans also may participate)
3. Each group should arrange international transport
4. Each group should bring 1 flag of its country
5. Traditional live music is preferable; CD can also be accepted if live music is not possible.
6. Each group should send a video (or if you have a link of your group on the WEB) and 4-5 pictures on our e-mail.
7. Each group must consist of dancers, musicians, group managers and administration.
8. Each group should bring at least 12 to 15 small gifts for exchange between the participating groups.
– Groups should prepare a program that is between 15 – 20 minutes long (one performance with the duration of 15-20 minutes or two performances, 12-15 minutes each)
– You should write to us before your arrival whether you need to change your costumes between the two sets of choreography, so we can put you in two blocks in the program!
-The dance ensemble can perform to live music or recorded music.
– At every 25th participant there is 1 gratis, at every 50-th there are 2 gratis
– Free parking during the festival time.
– Appropriate gifts for the participants
– Diplomas for participation in the Festival
– Guide from arrival to departure
– Tourist guide with a license for the 2-nd, 3-rd and 4-th day, sightseeing of the city Ohrid, travelling to St. Naum by boat and also visiting Struga city and Vevchani.
– Advertising of the festival (press conference, radio, TV channels, posters and flyers)
– After the festival finishes, organizers will send you a DVD of the festival program for each group and photos.
– We have our own internet television and our web site is www.iffom.com.
– We have our own stage where the performances of the groups take place.
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
PARTICIPATION FEE FOR THE FESTIVAL :
69 euro per person for 3 nights (FB – 3 meals) or
66 euro per person for 3 nights (HB – 2 meals)
86 euro per person for 4 nights (FB – 3 meals) or
79 euro per person for 4 nights (HB – 2 meals)
On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 20 euro per day per person FB – this is a special price that we can provide for the participants in festivals only. For additional days we will arrange special program.
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 13.00 Ohrid Ethno museum (1 euro) sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (Samoil fortress (1 euro), Antique theatre, Plaosnik, (1 euro) St. Kaneo church …)
13.00- 14.00 Lunch in the hotel and free activities (swimming)
19:00 – Parade on the streets
19:30 – Official performance of the participants
21:00 – 22:00 – Dinner in the hotel
23.00-02.00 Disco party (2 Euros with one drink)
08.00 -09.00 Breakfast in the hotel
10.00 -13.00 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake and visiting the Museum on water and the most famous tourist resort St.Naum – culture place, visiting the water sources of the Ohrid Lake, St. Naum monastery, little islands at the very place with restaurants, also swimming at the beach. The price for the cruising with boat is 8 Euros per person), (lunch package provided by the hotel),
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch in hotel
18.00- 19:00 Parade through the city
19:00 -21:00 – Festival evening (performance of the participants, certificate for the participants by the organizers, and at the very end of the festival participants can exchange gifts and contacts with each other)
21.30-23.00 Dinner in the hotel
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 16.00 – Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake and visiting the Museum on water and the most famous tourist resort St.Naum-culture place, visiting the water sources of the Ohrid Lake, St. Naum monastery, little islands at the very place with restaurants, also, swimming at the beach. The price for the boat cruise is 8 Euros per person), (lunch package provided by the hotel)
19.00-20.00 Dinner in the hotel
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – 14.00 Visiting Biljanini springs and The Museum on water in the village Pestani
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel and free activities (swimming and beach time),
20.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
09.00 – 14.00 Departure to Skopje city with guides (visiting monuments of Alexander of Macedon, museum, Macedonian GATE, Stone Bridge…)
14.00 – Departure from Skopje city
The organizer reserves the right to change the festival program.
After the groups arrive in the Hotel, they will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during the festival.
After the festival ends, organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos.
Each group after confirmation should pay 10% guarantee fee which will be deducted from the total cost.
The rest of the money should be paid after the group arrives in the hotel in Ohrid.